(Click to enlarge images) In Section 4, you must write a short answer 简要[jiǎnyào]地 回答[huídá] of between 1 and 10 characters to a series of reading comprehension questions. In this sample section, the reading is a trade contract.
A sample question and answer is given.
Those of you who aren’t good at writing Chinese should not despair. The answers in this section can be usually copied directly out of the text.The main challenge will be your ability to skim read the text to find the correct information, and not to slip up on a number of traps put in place to sort the wheat from the chaff. 95. This （批-measure word) trade/transaction 买卖[mǎimai]（n.) (双方[shuāngfāng] refers to the two sides involved in the transaction) is what product?
We can take the answer straight out of the text A. 条纹牛皮纸
Note here we don’t even need to understand what exactly the product is.
96. This stock 货[huò] before it gets to HK, how much money should be paid? To find the answer, we should look in 7. Payment Conditions 付款[fùkuǎn]条件[tiáojiàn]. Advance Payment 预付[yùfù] is 50% of the total
so 50% of 402000 is 20.1万
97. If the seller 卖方[màifāng] cannot deliver the goods 交货[jiāohuò] on time 按时[ànshí]，due to force majeure 不可抗力[bùkěkànglì]， which department 部门[bùmén] should produce 出具[chūjù] a certificate 证明[zhèngmíng]？
Look in 9 for mention of 出具证明
98. After the goods have arrived, if the buyer is not satisfied 不满意[bùmǎnyì] with the quality 质量[zhìliàng] they should within how many days submit 提出[tíchū] a compensation claim 赔偿要求[péi cháng yāo qiú]？
This problem is mentioned in article no. 10
99. If 3 days after delivery, the buyer cannot pay all the payment for goods 全部付款， what can the seller do?
At first glance the answer may seem to be (10) the seller can cancel/dismiss 撤销[chèxiāo] the contract and 延期[yánqī] postpone delivery, BUT this refers to what the seller can do if the buyer doesn’t make an advance payment.
The appropriate answer here is: 卖方有权提出赔偿要求
100. If a trade dispute 贸易[màoyì]纠纷[jiūfēn] cannot be resolved 解决[jiějué], the two sides should obey 服从[fúcóng] which administrative body 机构[jīgòu]？
From Article no.11