The HSK was changed in November 2009. Now Levels 5 and 6 are the advanced exams, with Level 6 being considered as c2(fully fluent) under the Common European Framework Reference for Language.
See wiki for more info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanyu_Shuiping_Kaoshi
I have analyzed Reading Question from Level 5 as this is a comparable level to the BCT. Level 6 Reading questions will appear sometime this year.
From the Confucius Institute
“The direct comparison between the new HSK test and Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and The Common European Framework Reference for Language) is as follows:
|HSK Level 6||Over 5000||Grade Five||C2|
|HSK Level 5||2500||C1|
|HSK Level 4||1200||Grade Four||B2|
|HSK Level 3||600||Grade Three||B1|
|HSK Level 2||300||Grade Two||A2|
|HSK Level 1||150||Grade One||A1|
* CLPS: Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages
** CEF: The Common European Framework Reference for Language
a. HSK Level 1
Designed for learners who can understand and use some simple Chinese characters and sentences to communicate, and prepares them for continuing their Chinese studies;
b. HSK Level 2
Designed for elementary learners who can use Chinese in a simple and direct manner, applying it in a basic fashion in their daily lives;
c. HSK Level 3
Designed for elementary-intermediate learners who can use Chinese to serve the demands of their personal lives, studies and work, and are capable of completing most of the communicative tasks they experience during their Chinese tour;
d. HSK Level 4
Designed for intermediate learners who can discuss a relatively wide range of topics in Chinese and are capable of communicating with Chinese speakers at a high standard;
e. HSK- Level 5
Designed for learners who can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, watch Chinese films and are capable of writing and delivering a lengthy speech in Chinese;
f. HSK- Level 6
Designed for learners who can easily understand any information communicated in Chinese and are capable of smoothly expressing themselves in written or oral form.
Following the principle of “combing testing and teaching”, the new test is designed in line with the present situation of international Chinese-language teaching and the teaching materials that are commonly available, with the aim of “promoting teaching and learning through examinations”.
The new HSK test stresses objectivity and accuracy, and also focuses on developing and testing an examinees’ ability to apply Chinese in practical, real-life situations.
The new HSK test also sets explicit study objectives, allowing examinees to more effectively improve their Chinese proficiency with defined study plans and goals.
Taking its orientation from the old HSK test, the new HSK test is aimed primarily at adult Chinese learners for canadian pharmacy prescription drugs. The test scores meet the various demands of different organizations or groups of people as follows:
- Offers a reference for educational institutions to recruit students, classify students, exempt students from some courses and grant credits;
- Offers a reference for employers to employ, train and promote employees;
- Offers a reference for Chinese learners to understand and improve their ability to apply Chinese;
- Offers a reference for related Chinese teaching institutions or training organizations to evaluate teaching standards and the effectiveness of different training.
Test Score Report
Within three weeks after the test, examinees can access their test scores on the internet and have their ‘Score Report’ issued by Hanban.“
A growing archive of materials on the advanced levels of the HSK, with sample papers, analysis and answers!
HSK Advanced Reading Questions
- An Old Man on a Train – Level 5
- Confucius and the Sun – Level 5
- The Mice, the Cat and the ‘Dog’ – Level 5
- The Basketball Stand – Level 5
- Choose the Correct Sentence 1 – Level 5
- Choose the Correct Sentences 2 – level 5
- Choose the Correct Sentences 3 – Level 5
- Fast Cars – Level 5
- Three Kinds of Husband – Level 5
- The Selfless Waitress – Level 5
- A Historian – Level 5
- Leisure Time Vs. Money – Level 5