Make Google Web Stories | Get Traffic From Day 1
If you are a blogger and are not getting any significant amount of traffic on your site, then we have a good news for you. This good news is about Google Web Stories. In this article, we will inform you about ‘What Google Web stories are”, “How to make Google Web Stories” and “How to get traffic from day 1 on your blog”.
What Are Google Web Stories?
Web Stories are a very recent feature introduced by Google for websites and blogs. Web Stories are full screen content format for the web, that is attractive, visually rich and enticing. They present various short stories in a mixture of text, video, gifs, images etc and allow a user to swipe through them. Google Webstories appear in Google searches and Google Discover, and have a huge potential for driving traffic to a blog. They are interactive, as they are tappable, and can house “links” and “Call to Action” features.
Web stories feature was already being used by various social media platforms like Facebook, and seeing its popularity, Google also introduced it. What make Google Webstories different from other Webstories is that, they can be posted by a user on his site. In addition, Google webstories are also supported by google Adsense.
How to Make Google Web Stories
Google Webstories can be made in two ways, either by writing a code or by making use of suitable plugins. In this article, we will inform you how to make Google Webstories by making use of Plugins.
Google Webstories can be made in the following 5 steps:
- Download a suitable plugin.
- Set up the plugin.
- Start making a new webstory.
- Publish your webstory.
- Submit Sitemap.
These Steps are elaborated below:
1. Download A Suitable Google Webstories Plugin
There are many plugings by which you can make and publish Google Webstories, but we suggest you to make use of the Google’s own Webstory plugin, as it is simple to set up and easy to use.
You can download Google’s Webstory Plugin by logging in to your admin panel. After logging in, go to plugin section and then to “Add New“. Now search ‘web stories“, and many plugins will appear on the screen.
Download the webstory plugin by Google and Activate it.
2. Set Up Your Webstories Plugin
The next step towards making Google Webstories, is setting up the webstory plugin. To set up your plugin, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the “stories” option in your dashboard, and then go to settings.
- Now upload your logo.
- If you want to monetize your webstories, then select an appropriate option from the box on the right side of “monetization” option. If you choose ” Google adsense” option, then you will have to submit your “publisher id” and “Slot id“.
The settings will automatically get saved.
3. Start Making A New Google Webstory
This is the main step towards making Google Webstories. To make a google webstory, follow the steps given below:
- Click on “Create new” option.
- A webstory making canvas will appear before you. On the top of this screen, you will get options like “media‘, “third party media“, “text“, “shapes” and “page templates“.
- Use the options like images, texts, shapes, gifs etc to make your web story.
- If you want to bring layers down or up, you can do so by going to the “layers” option on the right side of the screen.
- Similarly, you can make any part of your webstory animated. To do so, simply click on the portion, that you want to be animated. After that go to the “animation” option on right side and choose the type of animation that you want.
- Once you have made a webstory, and are satisfied with it, click on the + icon on the right side of the canvas to make another webstory. You are required to make atleast 4 webstories.
- On the top of the Canvas, there is an option to ‘Add title” to your webstories. Give a suitable and relevant title to your webstories.
- Go to “Documents” option on the top right, and add ” poster image“, “proper description“, ” webstory duration“, and relevant “tags“.
Making a Google Webstory might seem difficult to you at first, but with time it will become a cakewalk for you.
4. Publish Your Google Webstories
If you want to preview your Google Webstories before publishing them, you can do so by clicking on the “eye” symbol. After clicking on it, a new tab will open where you can see the preview of your Google Webstories.
If you are satisfied with the preview, click on the “publish” button and your webstories will get published.
5. Submit Your Google Webstories Site Map.
Once, you have published your Google Webstories, now is the turn to submit your sitemap. You can find your Google Webstories sitemap by following the steps given below:
- Go to the SEO option in your dashboard (if you are using Yoast SEO plugin).
- Click on “general” option.
- Now go to “features” tab.
- Click on the question mark on the right side of “XML sitemap” option.
- Now click on “see the XML sitemap“. A new tab will open.
- Copy the url of that tab.
- Go to search console and click on ‘sitemap“.
- Now submit the “copied url” there, and your job is done.
How to Check If Google Webstories Have Appeared In Google Discover
If any of your Google Webstories has appeared in Google Discover, you will come to know about it through two ways. One is that you will see an increased traffic to your website, and second is that a new tab “Google Discover” will appear in your Google Search Console.